Zoom is a web conferencing tool that Missouri S&T faculty, staff, and students can use for a variety of purposes, including: synchronous online meetings, lecture capture, live or recorded screen sharing, meetings with out-of-area participants, and more.
To create a BASIC user account
To request a PRO user account
- To upgrade your account, contact the Missouri S&T HelpDesk with a MoCode available for the annual fee.
- Note: Only faculty, staff, and resource accounts are available for upgrade.
A Basic account should meet most needs and has the following capabilities:
- 40 minute time limit on meetings with 3 to 100 people
- Host an unlimited number of meetings (one meeting at a time)
- No time limit for 1-on-1 meetings
- Host up to 100 participants
- Access to online support
- HD Video and Voice
- Active speaker view
- Full screen and gallery view
- Dual stream for dual screens
- Join by telephone call-in
- Desktop and application sharing
- Ad hoc or scheduled meetings
- Google Chrome and Outlook plug-ins
- MP4 of M4A local recording
- Private and group chat
- Host controls
- Raise Hand
- Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android support
A Pro account is necessary if a Basic account will not meet your requirements. A Pro account includes the following additional capabilities:
- All features of the basic accounts
- No meeting duration limits
- Custom personal Meeting ID
- Ability to have another person schedule meetings on your behalf
- 1GB of MP4 or M4A cloud recording
- Account renews annually on July 1
- Price is prorated as follows:
- $12 if requested from June 1 to December 31
- $9 if requested from January 1 to May 31
To upgrade your account, contact the Missouri S&T HelpDesk with a MoCode available for the annual fee.
SUPPORT AND TUTORIALS
- Zoom Plugin for Outlook
- Zoom Frequently Asked Questions and Tutorials
- Zoom Video Tutorials
- System Requirements
- Missouri S&T Help Desk
TIPS FOR STUDENTS
Students do not need to log into Zoom in order to join a live meeting - to attend office hours, for example - or to watch recorded videos. For live meetings, students just click the link that faculty provide them and follow the prompts on the screen to join.
If students need to conduct their own live or recorded Zoom meetings - to carry out a group project without the professor, for example - then they might want to log into Zoom (with their S&T email address and password) and set up their own meeting space. Basic accounts allow up to 40 minutes of meeting/recording time with up to 100 participants.
Contact the Missouri S&T Help Desk for any other Zoom-related questions.