Registering Your Network Device
To gain access to the Missouri S&T secure networks you must first register your device by entering its MAC address, also known as an ethernet address, in our device registration tool.
- Tutorial: Find your ethernet address
- Launch: NetDB - Device Registration Tool: Faculty, Staff, Students
- Launch: NetDB - Device Registration Tool: Guests, Visitors
- See Also: Device Registration Policies
Why is it necessary to register your device?
- Missouri S&T’s computing policy requires all network connected devices be registered with IT.
- Without registration the device poses a network security vulnerability.
How to Register a Device
- Go to http://itweb.mst.edu/~netdb
- Login with your Username and password
- Click Register Desktop and Laptop Systems
- Type your Username in the "Owner User ID" field
- Click Edit Hosts
- Select a Hostname
- Type in your system's ethernet MAC address.
- Click Register
- Verify the device you registered appears in the "Devices Owned by" list.
NOTE: All personal systems registered on the campus network should use 'device.mst.edu' as part of the host name.