Installing VMware Horizon on Windows
How to download, install, and configure the client.
Downloading the Client
1. Navigate to http://view.mst.edu
2. Click View Client for Windows
3. You will be taken to the main VMware download web site. Click the Go to Downloads button.
4. Click Download and save the Horizon Client installer to a conveninet location on your local machine.
Installing the Client
Once the client is downloaded, run the installer.
NOTE: The following instructions require a reboot so save all documents before rebooting your machine.
1. Double-click the installation file. The name of the file will vary slightly based on which version was downloaded.
2. Click Run.
3. Click Agree & Install
4. The installer will install any dependencies and the Horizon client.
5. Click Finish
6. Click Restart Now
Be sure to save any documents before doing so.
Configure the Client
If you are not on campus, you will first need to connect to the campus VPN. For assistance doing so, see the VPN Instructions.
1. Locate and double-click the VMware Horizon Client on your desktop.
Alternatively, you can search for VMware Horizon Client in your start menu.
2. Click the Add Server button.
3. Enter view.mst.edu and click Connect.
4. Enter your UM System SSO and your password and click Login.
5. Double click the pool of virtual machines.
NOTE: Pools available to you are determined by courses in which you are enrolled, as requested by the instructor.