Installing VMware Horizon on macOS
How to download, install, and configure the client.
Downloading the Client
In order to use VMware Client on a Mac, you must have the Windows Remote Desktop Client also installed. The Remote Desktop Client is available for free from Microsoft on the Mac App Store
1. Navigate to http://view.mst.edu
2. Click View Client for macOS
3. You will be taken to the main VMWare download website. Click the Go to Downloads link.
4. Click Download and save the View Client isntaller to a convenient location on your local machine.
Installing the Client
1. Locate and double-click the installation file.
2. Click Agree.
3. Click and drag the VMware View Client icon on the left over to the Applications folder on the right.
Configure the Client
If you are not on campus, you will first need to connect to the campus VPN. For assistance doing so, see the VPN Instructions.
1. Click the Finder icon in the dock.
2. Click Applications
3. Double-click VMware View Client.
NOTE: If you will be using the VMware View Client on a regular basis, you may want to click and drag the icon to the dock so it stays there for quick access.
4. If a security prompt opens, click Open.
5. If a VMware prompts you to enter your password for USB and Print services, click Continue and enter your password.
6. Click Add Server
7. Type view.mst.edu and click Connect.
8. Type in your UM System SSO UserID and password and click Login.
9. Double click the pool of vertual machines.
NOTE: Pools available to you are determined by courses in which you are enrolled, as requested by the instructor.