Configure Eduroam Wireless
- Go to Start/Control Panel/Network and Sharing Center and click on Manage wireless networks in the left column.
- Then Click Add to add a wireless network.
- Select Manual connect to a wireless network.
- The network name is eduroam
- Under security type, select WPA2-Enterprise
- For the encryption type, select AES
- Leave the Security Key field blank.
- Check the "Start this connection automatically" box.
- Click Next.
- This should give you a display reading "Successfully added to eduroam". Click on Change connection settings.
- Make sure that "Connect automatically when this network is in range" is checked, then click the Security tab.
- Make sure the information reads as following.
- The security type is WPA2-Enterprise
- The encryption type is AES
- Under network authentication method, choose Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Check the "Remember my credentials for this connection each time I'm logged on" box.
- Click Settings next to the network authentication network box.
- Make sure that the "Validate server certificate" box is checked. No other boxes under the "When connecting" heading should be checked.
- Under "Select Authentication Method", choose "Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)" and check the "Enable Fast Reconnect" box. Then click Configure.
- Uncheck the "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)" box. This is very important.
- Continue to click all OK buttons until you are back at a box reading "eduroam Wireless Network Properties." This time, click Advanced Settings.
- Check the "Specify authentication mode" box, and in the drop down box choose "User Authentication". Click OK.
- Enter your S&T username followed by "@mst.edu" and your password.
- Click OK. You should now be able to join Eduroam.
If you are having trouble with these instructions, please click the following link for a PDF with pictures illustrating the process: Connect to Eduroam Tutorial