The Information Technology (IT) department is comprised of several groups that report to the Office of the CIO:
- Campus Technology Support provides high quality support and innovation in delivery of information technology products and services to empower our S&T customers.
- IT Business Services provides support in the areas of administrative, fiscal, personnel, asset management and security services.
- Network & Computing Systems is responsible for all IT infrastructure on campus in support of desktop & server computing, application development, database, network, and telecommunication services.
- Project Management facilitates the assessment, discovery, and creation of innovative solutions to meet the technology project and information needs of the university.
- Research Support is responsible for providing technology consultations in support of research efforts on campus.
In addition to providing tech support, connectivity, and computing services to campus, IT invests resources in special projects each fiscal year to enhance the quality of our computing environment. The IT Project & Information Management Services team works to identify projects to meet critical needs and/or provide tangible benefits to our university's technology infrastructure and service offerings.
Information Technology provides a variety of opportunities for students to gain professional work experience while attending Missouri S&T. There are a variety of positions within IT that fit different skill sets and interests. Although some positions are more technical than others, students do not need to be Computer Science or Information Science and Technology majors to apply. IT looks for applicants who are interested in learning, working with people, and value technology.