How to Download Solidworks
- Check the Solidworks website to make sure your computer meets the minimum hardware and software requirements to install and run the software:
- Enter a Help Desk Ticket to add your username to the software download netgroup, it-solidworks-download-users. You will not be able to access the Solidworks download until you have been added to this Netgroup.
It is highly recommended that you download this software while on campus as the file is over 8GB.
If off campus, Set up a VPN connection (instructions).
- Log in to Google.com with your @umsystem.edu email address.
- In the Google Apps windows, click on Drive.
- In the Drive menu on the left, click on Shared Drives.
- If you have been added to the Solidworks netgroup, you should see a drive named S&T SW Dist – Solidworks. Double click that drive.
- You should see 2 files: Solidworks-SEK-2019.zip and README_Solidworks2019.txt.
- Copy the SolidWorks-SEK-2019.zip file to your computer’s desktop and open it.
- Double click the setup.exe to start the installation process. The README_Solidworks.txt file contains:
- Activation code (serial number)
- Additional license information
This download may take several hours (especially if off-campus). If you need additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk at (573) 341-4357 (HELP).