How to Set Up Your S&T Office 365 Student Email Account
For students admitted to Missouri S&T prior to March 25, 2014:
You may have an S&T Office 365 mailbox that was created prior to the move to Gmail.
IT recommends you sign in, at least one time, to access any mail delivered to that account prior to March 25, 2014.
To sign in to your Office 365 account, follow the instructions below.
Activate your Office 365 account
Note: Gmail is the primary S&T student email system. Incoming messages will be delivered to a student's Gmail account.
- Click the Get Started image below to go to the Office 365 activation tool
- Log in with your Missouri S&T username and password. This is the same password you set up on Joe'SS.
- You should see a page welcoming you to the Office 365 activation process. You may have to select "I Agree" or "Next" to get to a welcome screen.
IMPORTANT: Make sure "(S&T Student)" appears on the page next to your name and not another University of Missouri (UM) system school.
If you do not see "(S&T Student)", contact the IT Help Desk at 573-341-4357.
- Write down your temporary password
- Log in to your Office 365 account at mail.mst.edu
Note: This process may take up to three hours while the servers sync. If you cannot sign in right away, don't be alarmed. If 24 hours have passed and you still cannot log in to Office 365, call the IT Help Desk.
- Change your password in Office 365.
Due to frequent interface changes made by Microsoft, we are unable to provide step-by-step instructions for this process.
Check your Office 365 account for mail
Your inbox should contain any mail sent to your S&T address prior to March 25, 2014.
Migrate your email from O365 to Gmail
- Open the Missouri S&T mail migration tool
- Sign in with your S&T username and password (same as Joe'SS)
- Provide your Office 365 username and password, then click Source Folders
- Review the on-screen instructions and settings, click Request Migration
Note: The calendar and contacts must be synced separately.
- Verify your migrated data arrived in Gmail as expected
Contact the IT Help Desk for assistance with any part of this process.