Report SPAM and Phishing Emails
If you believe you have been the recipient of a SPAM email or the target of a malicious phishing attack, it is crucial that you report the issue as soon as possible.
Outlook Exchange Users (faculty and staff)
For both SPAM and phishing emails:
- Create a new message.
- Click Insert.
- Click Outlook Item.
- Select the message that you suspect is a SPAM/Phishing email.
- Click OK.
- If you suspect the message is SPAM, address the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you suspect the message is a part of a Phishing attack, address the email to: email@example.com.
- Add the subject line: "SPAM received" for SPAM and "Phishing received" for Phishing.
Gmail Users (students)
For SPAM emails:
- While viewing the suspected email, simply click Report SPAM at the top of the page (it looks like a stop sign).
For phishing emails:
- Log in to Gmail.
- Open the message you'd like to view headers for.
- Click the down arrow next to Reply.
- Select Show Original.
- Copy all text.
- Paste the text in a new email message.
- Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add the subject line of: "Phishing received".