Faculty and Staff Email Overview
University of Missouri Division of Information Technology (UM DoIT) hosts Missouri S&T Exchange users (all faculty and staff, not students) mailboxes on their Exchange hosted email service.
Exchange is Microsoft's enterprise email application software. It provides the "post office" infrastructure to route your email to and from desktop email clients like Outlook.
Features of Exchange
All Missouri S&T Exchange users (faculty and staff) will get 15 gigabytes (GB) of mailbox storage quota. With 15 GB, you can store all your archive (PST) files in your mailbox and access them when you are connecting remotely.
Mailbox policy rules:
- Mail within the Junk Mail folder is auto-moved to the Deleted Items folder after 15 days
- Mail within the Deleted Items folder are auto-deleted after 30 days
- Mail is deleted from Exchange 'dumpsters' after 14 days
- Mail left in the Junk Mail folder is no longer recoverable, by anyone, after 60 days
- Mail left in the Deleted Items folder is no longer recoverable, by anyone, after 44 days