CLC Software Request Application
How to submit a software request.
Towards the middle of each semester, IT gathers information from instructors on the course software that will be installed in Computer Learning Centers (CLCs) for the next semester.
Installing software in a CLC is a complex process with many different tasks that must be accomplished before software is ready to be deployed in a CLC. Gathering information about the desired software in a CLC is only the first step in this process. It generally takes several weeks to compile all of the information and coordinate the other steps that must be completed for successful CLC software deployment.
Making a Request Online
Using the Online CLC Software Request Application
- Go to: it.mst.edu/services/clc.
- Click Request Software (Faculty).
- Login using your UM System Single Sign-On (SSO) ID.
- Click Request Software to be installed in a CLC.
- Select the CLC in which you would like software to be installed.
- Select which class you are requesting the software. NOTE: Only classes for which you are currently listed as an instructor will be available.
- Click Next.
- You will see a screen that lists the software currently installed in the CLC that you selected. This list will be different depending on which CLC you selected. Select the software that you would like to continue using in the CLC.
- Click Next.
- Now you will see a list of all software installed in at least one CLC but is not installed in the selected CLC. Select additional software from this list.
- At the bottom of the page is a text field. If you do not see your software in the list, type in the software package you would like installed, including version number (if known). NOTE: Only one software package can be entered here at a time. If you need multiple software packages, you will have to make each one an individual request for the CLC.
- Click Submit when finished.