Microsoft Office 2016 is the Missouri S&T campus standard.
All students have a free copy of Office Professional for Students through Missouri S&T (Microsoft Office Suite). Instructions for obtaining this free copy can be found here: Office 365 Install Instructions. Contact the IT Help Desk at 573-341-4357 or visit the IT Help Desk on the first floor of the Curtis Laws Wilson Library for assistance.
For Faculty and Staff
All faculty and staff can request a free upgrade to Office 2016 on university-owned computers.
To request an upgrade, call the IT Help Desk at 573-341-4357. Plug-ins, like MathType, should be requested during the initial request as well.
Missouri S&T faculty and staff can purchase a discounted version of Microsoft Office for their use at home through Microsoft's Home Use Program (HUP) as part the University's software licensing agreement with Microsoft.
Log into the UM DoIT "My Services" portal and go to the Service Catalog > Software > Microsoft Home Use Program and follow the steps provided to purchase Microsoft Office.
About Microsoft Office
32-bit vs. 64-bit version
Most computers on campus run 64-bit, however, if you use Office plug-ins like Mathtype, you may need to use the 32-bit version.
What's new in Office 2019?
- Cleaner look
- Works with smartphones and tablets
- For more features visit the Microsoft Office 2019 site
Minimum suggested hardware requirements
- 1.6 GHz processor or faster, 2-core
- 4GB RAM (64-bit), 2GB RAM (32-bit)
- 4 GB of available disk space; better to have some extra space for temp files
- Screen resolution of a minimum 1280 x 768 (32-bit requires hardward acceleration for 4K and higher)
- DirectX 9 or later, with WDDM 2.0 or higher
- Windows 10 or Windows Server 2019
- The browsers used should be the latest versions or the versions immediately preceding the latest versions
- At least .NET 3.5 & 4.6 LCR.
- Microsoft account or Microsoft organizational account required for license assignment.