Faculty & Staff Email
All Missouri S&T faculty and staff are provided with an official University email account and 15 gigabyte (GB) of mailbox storage quota. To help you access your email we provide general email-related instructions, including how to get started, configuring your email program, dealing with spam, and accessing your S&T email.
- Tutorial: Client Configuration: Mobile | At Home | On Campus | Quick Settings
- Information: Outlook Features: Auto-Archive | Delegates
- Launch: Minermail Outlook Web Access
General Email Links
- Tutorial: Report SPAM and Phishing Emails
- External Link: How to Manage Delegates in Outlook
- See Also: Google Groups
- See Also: Email-related Policies
- See Also: Security Certificate for Email
|Mobile devices & ActiveSync||
Outlook Web Access
- no software needed
|Outlook at home||
|Outlook on campus||
|IMAP4 Server||imap.mst.edu, enable SSL, and use port 993.
IMAP4 is preferred over POP3 when the client permits.
Just be careful that your client properly removes email from the server when you delete it on the client
Microsoft Outlook Home Use
The S&T VPN Client is not required for off-campus email access. You will only need the S&T VPN Client if you need to access network file shares or Remote Desktop.
Outlook is installed on almost all campus computers, and can be purchased for home use by Missouri S&T faculty and staff at a special rate.