To ensure you are prepared for your scheduled Preview, Registration, and Orientation (PRO) session, you will want to make sure to set up your student account beforehand. This involves signing the E-Consent form in Joe'SS and activating your S&T student email.
After applying for admission, information was sent to the email address used when applying with the subject line "Missouri University of Science and Technology Username." This email includes the username for your S&T student account: the student’s initials followed by three random characters (e.g. Sarah M. Johnson’s username may look like smj6zf). If you do not know your username, please contact the Office of the Registrar so that this information can be gathered.
setting up your student account
If you already know your password, skip this step.
1. Open in a new tab.
2. Click the ‘Create Your Password’ link on the left side of the page.
3. Enter the student username in the field provided, and click ‘Submit.’
4. On the following page, select a method, either personal phone number or email, to receive the passcode for the user setup (If no email or password is listed, please contact the S&T IT Help Desk at 573-341-4357). Click ‘Submit.’
5. Once the passcode has been received, enter the six-digit code and click ‘Submit.’
6. Fill out the required fields for the New User Setup: phone, external email, and knowledge based questions. An email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to the email listed confirming the account registration.
7. Once user setup is complete, continue to New User Password Setup. Generate a new temporary passcode to access the password setup page, and enter the code where prompted.
8. Create a password for the account, ensuring that the password meets the criteria listed (Must be at least 7 characters long, contains at least three of the four categories: uppercase/lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols).
9. After the password has been set, an informational FAQ page on the University of Missouri System’s Two-Factor Authentication process will open. Review the information if desired.
10. Return to Joe'SS. Log in with the student account username and the newly-created password.
1. Open in a new tab.
2. Sign in with your S&T username and password.
3. Once successfully signed in, click the ‘UM E-Consent’ link in the menu on the left side of the page.
4. Review the agreement, and accept the terms.
Once the terms have been accepted, academic and financial information will become available electronically through Joe’SS.
Information available through Joe'SS includes:
• Application and admission status tracking
• S&T email account setup
• Scholarship applications
• Transfer credit reports
• Campus housing priority
Once access to Joe’SS has been set up, visit gmail.com afterward and sign in with <username>@mst.edu to ensure that the email account was successfully activated.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO SIGN INTO GMAIL:
Visit the S&T IT Email Setup Page.
Follow the steps on the page to activate the Google Apps portion of the student account.
You're all set up!
We look forward to seeing you at S&T!
For additional assistance, please contact the S&T IT Help Desk at 573-341-4357 or email@example.com.