New PCs should have (at minimum):
- Processor: Intel i5/i7, 2.5GHz+
- Memory (RAM): 8 GB recommended
- Hard Drive: 250 GB minimum, 500 GB recommended
- Monitor: Capable of supporting 1600 x 1050 or higher resolution
- Optical Data Devices: DVD-RW drive or Blu-Ray drive
- Network:1000 Base-T (Gigabit) Ethernet connector
- Optional wireless: 802.11 g/n compatible WiFi networking
- Video: Recommend nVidia or AMD accelerated video card with support for intensive graphics applications
- Operating System:
- For on-campus standard build systems: Windows 10 x64 Enterprise
- For new systems purchased by off-campus students, faculty or staff: Windows 10
- Applications: Microsoft Office 2013 Suite (or higher) with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Campus-owned used PC's running standard IT Windows 7 x64:
- Processor: 2 GHz+ Core i5/i7
- Memory (RAM): 4 GB minimum
- Hard Drive: 160 GB
- Optical Data Devices: CD-RW or DVD-RW Optical Drive
- The campus is equipped with over 800 computers in 40 different Computer Learning Centers (CLCs) across campus. CLCs are located in each of the residence halls. The CLCs in the Computer Science and Centennial Hall buildings have 24-hour access. Other departments regulate access to individual CLCs located in other buildings.
- Departments utilizing specialized software applications have the software installed in the respective CLCs.
- All residence halls are wired for 10BaseT Ethernet. Greek houses are responsible for in-house wiring, but IT provides a high-speed connection from the campus core network to each Greek house. The residence halls and Greek houses are all considered to be part of the same Residential Network (ResNet).
- Wireless Network: Wireless network cards should be 802.11 b/g/n and WiFi compatible.